Friday, December 14, 2007

New Snow and More on the Way


Snow starting to take over the trout rapids.

The dogs on the prowl...unsuccessfully.



We have gotten 6-7 inches of snow over the past 24 hours. This after a forecast of "2-4 inches". Apparently the weathermen here in Vermont like to overindulge in organic "weed" prior to preparing their forecasts. (Everything is organic in Vermont to include the marijuana.) Much of the river is slowly freezing over and the snow is engulfing many of its features. I was hoping to get a great photo of a big roiling brook over on our neighbors land (they graciously let me take my walks on their property), but when I got over there the brook seemed very tame and smothered under the heavy quilt of snow. The dogs were disappointed at the paucity of new tracks during our hour walk, and I was a bit surprised as well. Usually we run across several sets of tracks, fox, deer, mink, etc. after a new snow, but we saw nothing today. The sun's supposed to be out tomorrow morning, so maybe we'll have better luck then.

1 comment:

w. wilson said...

Good use of the word "paucity".

Whitney would like me to note that this is Jen not her.

PS: Woke up this morning wondering if there was a new post and thankfully there was. The post about suet was discussed at my department party. People were impressed that you made it yourself.