Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Winter Workshop Wonders


Part of the future entertainment center.


From another angle.

As the season drags on, I have finally gotten a major furniture project going. It's the entertainment center / library for the T.V. room upstairs. I have to say that the project is coming along pretty well, particularly considering that my shop is usually at about 40 degrees which limits the amount of time I can spend in there at one stretch. The two pieces you see in the pictures are about 40% of the bottom portion of the future built-in. Since this whole thing sits between two walls, I'll have to wait until these two pieces are finished and installed to assemble the last piece. Otherwise you risk getting the exciting "1/4" too long" surprise, something I have already dealt with when I installed the kitchen cabinets. These pieces are 3/4" birch plywood with solid maple facings. Most of the facings aren't installed in these pictures.

No comments: