Thursday, October 30, 2008

And then...it was Winter


No,not a black and white photo. Just a black and white landscape.


The sun setting on Fall just a short week ago.

I had intended to do a post entitled "And then there were none", referring to the leaves. That would still be an appropriate title of course, the vast majority of the leaves are gone, but a funny thing happened on the way to that post. It snowed. We only got about 2-3 inches, but 50 miles to our West in the Adirondacks they got over a foot. So the shovels are out, I finally got the last of the wood stacked on the porch and the garden is definitively put to bed. I leave again for Benin, Africa today where the temperatures are about 100 during the day with a humidity of 63 percent. That contrasts with a high of 39 degrees here yesterday. Just a 60 degree differential. Shouldn't be any problem at all acclimating. I'll be back 1 December. Hopefully it won't snow so much while I'm gone that I can't find the house when I get back.

No comments: