Saturday, May 10, 2008

Vermont Goes to Africa


Benin, previously known as Dahomey (when it was a French colony and before that an independent empire) and also previously known as The Slave Coast for the obvious unsavory reasons.

Well that title is pretty misleading. The state of Vermont is not going to Africa. I mean, can you imagine squeezing a whole state into an economy class seat for 24 hours of travel? Not a pleasant thought. So Vermont is not going to Africa, but Flatlander is. For a month. To Benin. I have a part time job that takes me to Africa a few times a year. While I'm away I doubt if I get any posts up on the blog. Internet access can be sketchy in Africa, even in major hotels in the capitol, and how surrealistic is a blog about Vermont being posted from Africa? I'm afraid all of this adds up to my depriving you avid fans of Four Seasons in Vermont of any posts for a few weeks. My apologies.

No comments: