Tuesday, December 23, 2008

White Christmas out the Wazoo


The cars new body work.


The dogs plow through the powder.


My snowshoe gets swallowed by the new snow.


The ice and snow close in on the river.

Well, the storm has passed, and we've pretty much dug our way out of the house. With the worst of the shoveling out of the way, I'd like to make a holiday prediction; we will have a White Christmas (notice the capital W). Of course, we almost always do up here in the North Country, but you never know. There was that sappy movie with Bing Crosby back in 1954. In the movie, Bing's character visits a ski resort owned by an old Army buddy. The resort is about to go bankrupt because of a lack of snow. This fictional ski resort is located in, you guessed it, Vermont. I know, pretty unbelievable. We all know that ski resorts go bankrupt on a regular basis, but from a lack of snow in December in Vermont? Boy, movie audiences back in 1954 must have been pretty gullible. When they made the film everyone knew the whole storyline was preposterous, but it did give Bing a chance to sing that song. I guess everything good comes with a price. In any case, this year the skiing and snowboarding over the holidays promise to be phenomenal what with 2 feet of new powder on the ground. I'm not much of a Winter athlete myself (not much of an athlete at all really), but I encourage everyone who does enjoy Winter sports to make the trip up here and enjoy our White Christmas. Even if you're not into Winter sports you're still invited. You can help me finish the shoveling.

1 comment:

w. wilson said...

After reading this entry whitney just said, "do we really have to go?" My guess is that she will not be helping you shovel. She only comes for the chocolate.

Jen